The British Shakespeare Association is a charitable organisation. We depend on our membership and we welcome members from all over the world and from all walks of life.
Our members include leading scholars, teachers, theatre practitioners and enthusiasts. If you would like to join us, the cost of annual membership is £25 (or £15 for students, OAPs, and teachers).
Membership of the BSA confers several privileges:
- Free or discounted entry (where appropriate) to BSA events
- The opportunity to participate in the biennial BSA conference
- A vote at Annual General Meetings
- The chance to participate in committees and stand in elections
- Discounted access to Shakespeare, the journal of the British Shakespeare Association (see below)
- Publisher discounts, subject to availability
- Access to the BSA magazine, Teaching Shakespeare
- Emails and updates about Shakespeare-related events.
Our membership year runs from September to September every year, and entitles members to privileges for that membership year only. Reminders will be sent out in September for members wishing to renew their membership.
Membership entitles you to a significant discount on the Journal of the BSA, published by Routledge. This scholarly journal includes academic articles and reviews. A year’s subscription to the journal is £15 for members, and includes full online access to back issues and a physical copy of the annual collected volume, which is usually published in the Autumn.
If you have queries about your membership, need to confirm your membership number or are having difficulties with the payment process, please email our Membership Officer, at email@example.com. If you believe you are not receiving email notifications from us, please let us know as soon as possible.
To join the BSA, select your membership level (with or without the journal) from the drop-down list below, then click “pay now”. This will take you to Stripe to complete your transaction.
If you are a UK taxpayer, please consider extending your support of the BSA by allowing us to claim Gift Aid on your membership dues by filling in your name below.
Once you have paid you should receive an automatic confirmation of payment email. The BSA will be in touch with new members shortly afterwards, usually within 2 weeks of joining.