Become a BSA Member
We are offering free BSA membership to theatrical practitioners for their first year. Click JOIN to see options for new members and renewals.Join
The BSA Annual Conference is a major international gathering, bringing together scholars, actors, teachers and Shakespeare enthusiasts.
Shakespeare, published by Routledge, is the Journal of the BSA and is one of the most important academic journals in the world.
The Education Network is for all those interested in the theory and practice of teaching Shakespeare across a broad range of educational environments.
The BSA’s blog features pieces by BSA members and members of the BSA’s Committees for Education, Events, and Performance and Media.
Welcome to the British Shakespeare Association
The British Shakespeare Association is an association of teachers, researchers, theatre practitioners, writers and enthusiasts. The BSA is a registered charity and its aims are educational – ‘to promote and foster a better understanding of Shakespeare and his work’.
The British Shakespeare Association is a charitable organisation.
We depend on our membership and we welcome members from all over the world and from all walks of life.
Our members include leading scholars, teachers, theatre practitioners and enthusiasts. If you would like to join us, the cost of annual membership is £25 (or £15 for students, OAPs, and teachers).
Membership of the BSA gives you several privileges:
- Free or discounted entry (where appropriate) to BSA events
- The opportunity to participate in the biennial BSA conference
- A vote at Annual General Meetings
- The chance to participate in committees and stand in elections
- Opportunities to share and promote your work online via the BSA’s website
- Discounted access to Shakespeare, the journal of the British Shakespeare Association
- Publisher discounts, subject to availability
- Access to the BSA magazine, Teaching Shakespeare
- Emails and updates about Shakespeare-related events.
A Special Issue of Shakespeare: Call for SubmissionsThe call for submissions for a special issue of the BSA’s Shakespeare journal is now open. More information about the journal is available here….
British Shakespeare Association: Two New TrusteesThe Board of Trustees of the British Shakespeare Association wishes to appoint two new Trustees who share the Association’s aims…